Sunday 19 April 2015

#RUNWAY/FASHION: SA FASHION WEEK: SUN GODDESS SpringSummer2015

The pioneers of the African contemporary look in South Africa were back at Fashion Week to showcase their latest offering. 
Thando and Vanya Mangaliso stayed true to their mantra "Local tradition. Global fashion" and created a fusion of all cultures of the SADAC. 
I wanted to embody the richness of this colour in my shots with the help of the florescent lighting that was on the runway already. 
The models were absolutely majestic and gave a certain royalty to the garments. Skin tones and conditions were flawless on my lens.
I took a while with this post production because I wanted to really play with the colours and let them speak. I also focused on the audience, which is also critical to a frame and in telling the story of how the garments are received. Alot of photographers forget this. 
Alil nervous about my lil showcase because I respect this duo so much.

Thank you buth'Thando and sis'Vanya for constantly being the benchmark of this genre. I hope I did your work justice as a second row audience member and I hope to work with you in the near future.

For shoot/booking enquiries: Like & Inbox FACEBOOK page: 4th EyE Photography IG/Twitter:@siwe_thusi)




 Movement. Audience reaction...


 Audience reaction...





  Audience reaction... Marie Claire's fashion editor Kelly Fung tweeting in front row.






 Movement.




  Audience reaction...






  Audience reaction...



 Movement. Audience reaction...



  Audience reaction...

  Audience reaction...


 Movement. Audience reaction...

 Movement.

 
  Audience reaction...


 Designers Thando and Vanya Mangaliso.

 Duo.


No comments:

Post a Comment